If you’re looking for a checklist for assisted living that will help you in knowing what you need to look for in an assisted living facility, keep reading!
When you are looking for an assisted living facility, it’s important that you prepare yourself. There are many differences between every assisted living community, no two is alike.
To remain ahead of your game and be organized, below is a checklist you can print and use. You should always compare the differences between communities, asking questions which will help you decide which assisted living community is right for your loved one.
Assisted Living Checklist
Below is an assisted living checklist to have when you go for a visit or call a facility. Simply download the Assisted Living Checklist to ensure you ask the important questions like:
- Are staff members allowed to administer medications?
- Do staff members have experience with issues or diagnosing a recipient’s condition?
- How much staff does the night shift have?
- Are there nurses staffed 24/7?
- What is the staff to resident ratio?
- What types of apartments are available?
- What type of experience and training do staff members have?
- Are assessments conducted prior to admission?
- Can you describe your residents?
- What is the monthly cost for various types of apartments?
- What are your policies on billing and payment?
- How does the discharge process work?
- Do you have a waiting list? If so, how long is the wait, and what is the policy?
- Do monthly fees cover all services? If not, what are the costs of the additional services?
- If a resident requires a change, what services are available to them?
Assisted Living Tour Checklist
Below is an assisted living tour checklist to assist you in knowing what to look for when taking a tour of an assisted living facility.
- Pay attention to the level of cleanliness.
- Watch a community event.
- Do staff members appear friendly?
- Check out the outdoor area or courtyard.
- Ask security and staff questions, how do they respond?
- Eat a meal, does it seem decent?
- Speak with residents.
- Ask questions about personal care.
- Learn more about the move-in and move-out criteria.
- Follow your instincts.
About Ventana Winds Assisted Living
Ventana Winds Retirement Community is more than just another retirement community. At Ventana Winds we offer Assisted Living & Memory Care. We are located in Youngtown, Arizona. Our Community offers several options to meet all of your needs. We are conveniently located by everything you need, including terrific restaurants, great shopping, numerous golf courses, cultural centers, sports arenas, and medical offices all within a few miles.
Ventana Winds boasts to be the best retirement location in the West Valley. Our Retirement Community is built for today’s seniors who are looking for a lifestyle that is not only active and stimulating, but also interesting and flexible.
Find Out More About Assisted Living in Youngtown, Arizona