An average length of stay in memory care or assisted living is 2-3 years, according to SeniorLivingServices. Several different factors can change the amount of time an individual spends in these environments, though. Let’s take a look at some of those factors.
Average Length Of Memory Care Stays
An exact timeline for a memory care stay can be difficult to provide. While certain residents may stay in memory care for years, others may only stay in unit for weeks or months. Of course, the same can be true for residents in assisted living care, but 2-3 years remains the average length of stay. The typical length of stay could drop drastically if a resident has received at-home care prior to moving into memory care.
Factors Impacting Length Of Stay
A resident’s length of stay will depend on the following factors:
- Family Support.
- Impairment Type.
When To Move To Memory Care
Here are a few indications to watch out for when considering moving a loved one to memory care:
Physical Health Declines
Physical health changes are generally clear indicators of dementia or Alzheimer’s. Keep an eye out for a change in the individual’s figure. At this point, they may become thin and frail. Physical changes can occur drastically if the individual is forgetful about taking medications.
Dementia will cause constant confusion within the elderly. Some individuals may even get lost or confused in familiar locations.
Behavior changes are typically the most obvious signs of dementia. Changes in motor skills and behavior need to be closely monitored. Those suffering from dementia can become anxious, confused and agitated quite easily.
About Ventana Winds
More Articles About Senior Living
- How Much Does Memory Care Cost?
- How To Talk To A Parent With Dementia
- Memory Care Facilities Near Me
- Best Golf Clubs For Seniors
- Questions For Assisted Living Interviews
- How To Look Younger At 50
- Retirement Party Ideas
- Can I Retire At 60 With 500K?
- Retire In Youngtown AZ
- Retirement Wishes – 100 Quotes Continued
- Assisted Living vs Memory Care
- Retirement Wishes For A Boss
- Is It Possible To Retire Early At Age 30, Age 40, or Age 50
- Differences Between Independent Living Vs Assisted Living
- Senior Living Youngtown
- How Much Does Assisted Living Cost In Youngtown, Arizona?
- Best Places To Retire In Youngtown Arizona
- Assisted Living Peoria
- What Is Memory Care? The Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
- What is Assisted Living?
- What is Arthritis?
- Benefits of Assisted Living
- What is Memory Care?
- Senior Retirement Living Options
- Checklist For Assisted Living
- Best Place To Retire In Sun City Arizona
- Can The IRS Seize My Retirement Money?